tattoos

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Don't Take Things For Granted

I was off sick from work again today and I was at home feeling sorry for myself until I saw the Women's Day magazine that had an article about a dear family friend of mine. My friend has always been the older kid I grew up looking up to. Her outlook on life has always been amazing... she's the strongest women I know.
Basically the article was about what her best friend Kate (who has been her best friend for 15yrs now) did for her. My friend has been battling cancer for what feels like forever. Three years ago she was given the all clear. She got married and she found a friend who was going to be a surrogate mother to her child. Now she has bone, lung and liver cancer but she is still staying positive. She has written a list of short term goals to get her through the tough times. One of the things on her list was to learn how to make the chocolate mousse cake from Masterchef.
Kate sent an email to Adriano from the show to get tips on how to make it. After many emails Adriano decided to go all the way to my hometown to spend the weekend with her to teach her how to make it.
I went to the store at the end of my street to buy the magazine today and I burst into tears right then and there. I had the elderly lady that works there come over and hug me... It made me wish home wasn't so far away.
It's things like this that remind me that I have to put so much in perspective and not dwell on shit that honestly doesn't matter.
I know I don't get this personal on here but today I need to.


All the money that would have been paid for the article was donated to her favourite charities Bosom Buddies and Quest For Life Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger