tattoos

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tattoo Darling

If you like tattoos or lowbrow art you will know Angelique Houtkamp. She is a dutch artist how puts her own feminine spin on traditional tattoo designs. Her work shows dreamy and whimsical characters: saucy pin ups, strong boxing women, sailors, ships and carnival folk. All done displaying the right amount of nostalgia that I adore making her one of my favourite artists.She is also a tattoo artist, she creates the cutest range of baby painted skulls, has release two books: Tattoo Darling and Tattoo Mystique, designs handbags and she has worked as a makeup artist, dress maker, bar tender, sex shop admin girl and owned her own jewellery company. She's my kind of girl.
I attended the Angelique Houtkamp & Tattoo Group Exhibition in October 2009 which was fantastic! I woke up today to find a picture of myself and Dave at the show. I had been wondering where that was going to end up.. turns out it was used on the outre galleries facebook. I bought a Sailor Sweetheart print that night which I adore, she goes so well with the Sapphira print I bought Dave for his birthday last year.


Sailor Sweethert print.

Piaf print.

Augusta print.
Marie print. (based on Marie Antoinette's ship hat)

Her baby skulls. (not real skulls)

Angelique at the Outre Gallery.

Me and Dave.
My gorgeous friends Emma and Brenton.


All print pictures from here.
Skull and first picture from here.
Exhibition photos from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger